Saturday 21 November 2009

words of wisdom

* A clamity that makes you turn to Allah is better for you then a blessing which makes you forget the rememberance of Allah: Ibn-Arabi

* When the world brings you down to your knees, remember you are in a perfect position to pray.

* A women should be so lost in God that a man must find him in order to find her.

* One of the lessons of hirstory is that "nothing" is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say.

* You furture if like a field of driven snow becareful how you step init for every step will show.

* It's good to leave each day behind, like a flowing water, free of sadness. Yesterday is gone and its a tale told. Today new seeds are growing: Rumi

* Allah sometimes takes us into troubled waters- not to drown us, but to cleanse us.

* World is place of pleasure and the best pleasure of this world is a righteous women: Hadith

* The candle is not there to illuminate itself: Nawab Jan Fishan Khan!

* It is impossible to lay hands on that which is not predestined for us, and that which is predestined for us will reach us wherever we are.-Shaykh Sa’di

* A feeling of discouragement when you slip upis a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds: Ibn Ata’llah

* A learned man who doesn't restrain his passions is like a blind man holding a torch, he guides others but not himself: Shaykh Sa'di.

* The true greatness of man lies in his capacity for eternal progress: The Alchemy of Happiness, Imam Al-Ghazali

* True devotion is to loose the faculty of being conscious of your devotion; for someone who identifies devotion in his devotion is a person whose devotion is in need of devotion: As sousi.

* People choose the path of their own lives: victor or victim. You claim your role by the choices you make along the way.

* God never withdraws the reward from a people except when the people themselves become undeserving of it.

* Oh Allah, when I lose my hopes and plans, help me remember that your love is greater than my disappointments, and your plans for my life are better than my dreams: Hazrat Imam Ali.

* When I want to speak to Allah, I read namaaz and when I want Allah to speak to me, I read Quran: Hazrat Ali.

1 comment:

  1. I wish to make a note here, that the above quotes are gathered from various BLOGS (particularly 786), internet sites, books, and even words of mouth. Each of these made me realise an aspect of life and to look at different situations from a different prespective. Since these have been very educational for me, I though I should post them here.

    ReplyDelete